Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Finished a modified Dale Sweater - Sierra Nevada




This year I finally finished a sweater made for my mother. She picked the Dale Sierra Nevada pattern a few years ago. She wanted a different color-way and a cardigan instead of the pull-over style.



So I used Design-a-Knit and created a zig-zag pattern to move up the front of the cardigan, and used greens and yellows instead of the reds and blues.




In between deciding on the sweater and actually finishing it, she developed a more intense problem with wearing wool. So I completely lined the sweater. (I like having interior pockets on my jackets, so I added some for her also).




So, now its more like a jacket. After I took these pictures, I knit some ribbing for the collar and cuffs out of a matching ivory cotton.

2 comments :

sillyewe said...

Dawn,
That looks fantastic! I love the colors you have chosen. You have a lucky mom. :0)

FiberDawn said...

Thanks! I actually can't take credit for the color selection. My mom chose the colors. It was a fun trip to Woodland Woolworks somwhere around 1998, I think.