Sunday, June 24, 2007

Whew! Not knitting but its all related

I spent the weekend working on the Fiber Rhythm Craft & Design website. (http://www.FiberRhythm.com) This is my first foray into the world of online websites (other than using them!). So far so good. It really is quite interesting how much you can do with free software. Its really a good way to get started, at least for a small business.

I have finished setting up Zen Cart (other than putting a few more products in). I spent a good day just working on getting the look close to what I already had set up using WebSite tonight from GoDaddy.com. I did go ahead and purchase the "e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart" It was very much worthwhile. A big THANKYOU to Goh Koon Hoek for writing the book, it really saved me time. (You can find the book at: http://www.lulu.com/content/466605)

Well, at least I'm done with what I was planning on doing with it for now. I have the two patterns I have for sale (third to follow soon) for hand knitting up as well as my rag rugs.

I've added the ability to set up wholesale accounts and I've added a page for comments on the website itself.

So now I can get back to knitting! I lent my son my camera while he's in Germany, so likely not too many photos from me in the next few weeks. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the front/back piece of the Stormy Sky bag I'm making. I was thinking of knitting the lining, but now am leaning toward using fabric. Hmmm....

Oh well, back to work tomorrow...

No comments :