Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hats!

OK. I have to admit it. I have always thought that the real purpose for knitting was to make SWEATERS. Especially for color work. Don't get me wrong, I've knit plenty of hats. But its just recently that I've discovered the JOY of knitting hats. What a great forum for working out design ideas! But the real joy is in seeing them worn/enjoyed by the recipients....





















Posted by Picasa
I'm calling this the Red and Black hat, but of course someone could knit it in whatever colors they choose.
My son has barely taken it off since it was finished. The tassel didn't last though. The hat is knit from bamboo and its a bit slippery.
Now I'm almost done with another hat for my older son. Based on my Stormy Sky patterns. Just a bit o weaving in. Hope he likes it as much....

No comments :